Release date: October 15, 2015
Duration: 86 Minutes
Take advantage of this opportunity to update your credit union’s asset/liability management process! This session provides tools needed to implement an effective Asset/Liability Management process in your credit union. Content includes an ALM checklist that addresses:
- Guidelines for drafting an effective Asset/Liability Management Policy,
- Acceptable ways to identify and monitor your interest rate risk profile,
- Guidelines for drafting an effective Investment Policy,
- How to develop a consistent ALCO agenda,
- How to monitor, manage, and maximize liquidity using a simple Excel spreadsheet,
- Guidance on how to perform due diligence testing on brokers, brokerage firms and banks.
Meet the presenter
Deborah L. Rightmire is Vice President of Asset/Liability Management for the Cornerstone Credit Union League. She manages the operations of ALM Resources and delivers semi-annual ALM analysis and consulting services to credit unions across the U.S. representing over 100 billion in combined assets. Debbie serves as a speaker for CUNA and Leagues across the nation. She conducts presentations emphasizing financial statement and ratio analysis, policy formulation, liquidity analysis, and investment due diligence.
As a senior faculty member of Southwest CUNA Management School, Debbie instructs, assists with curriculum development, and evaluates the Financial Management Strategic Initiative of each student’s three-year business plan.
Audiences benefit from Debbie’s prior experience as a credit union field representative for the League, service on the Board of Directors and Asset/Liability Management Committee (ALCO) of Metroplex Credit Union (now Resource 1 CU) and over 35 years in the financial service industry.
Debbie joined the Cornerstone Credit Union League in 1979 and is a graduate of the University of Alaska.