Release date: November 18, 2015
Duration: 98 Minutes
With problem loans increasing, profits sagging, and new capital hard to find, getting the Allowance for Loan and Lease Losses (ALLL) right is more important than ever. Learn what you need to know now in this comprehensive course designed for the non-accountant. Through engaging content tailored for the non-accountant, segments of the course include:
- Background and review of 2006 Interagency Policy Statement as well as recent regulatory developments
- The ALLL : Let’s Make it Plain: addresses ASC 450, (formerly SFAS 5), historical loss data, qualitative factors (“Q-factors”), ASC 310 (formerly SFAS 114), identifying loans and measuring impairment
- CECL preparedness for your credit union
- Pulling it ALLL Together: covers documentation, historical loss data and peer data
- Garbage In – Garbage Out: explains why a strong loan review process is important to your ALLL and the key components and benefits of a strong loan review process
- Frequently asked ALLL questions
MEET THE PRESENTER
As Founder and Principal of Synergy Credit Union Consulting, Inc., Ancin Cooley, CIA, CISA, provides a suite of training and services, including, strategic planning, loan reviews, information technology audits, internal audits, directors’ exams, and regulatory compliance reviews.
Ancin brings deep, first-hand experience gained as a regulatory examiner, performing safety and soundness examinations at community and mid-size financial institutions. After leaving the governement, he worked at a regional accounting firm where he led loan reviews and internal audits.